Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Girls, are we doomed to failure?!


Ya know, it has always been in my nature to give ppl the benefit of the doubt; give them the chance to prove themselves before judgment. But, once you watch so much crap happen, you eventually just don't trust anyone for any reason and suspect everyone of everything. Now, I'm sure I have confused you all right about now. So, lemme break it all down for you...
I have a friend who is a very honest and kind person. She has a great personality and a thirst for life. And she is the type of person that when she loves somebody, she loves them with all she has. There's no holding back with her. Unlike me; I'm so afraid of being hurt AGAIN, that I push everyone away and lock away the "love" part of my heart. It takes me FOREVER to say I love you. And I won't say it if I don't mean it. That's just the way I am. She loves to date and meet ppl because she is searching for her soulmate. Me, I am just hoping he will find me. And I watch her go thru heartbreak after heartbreak. If my heart broke as much as hers did, I wouldn't be able to put together all the pieces. But, despite all the bad days, she has great ones too. She believes in moving on and enjoying life. Yet, I see everything these guys put her thru. The charm, the "heart felt apologies", the roses & candies... but, did they even mean any of it?! Or was it all sweet talk just to find someone to sleep with? I mean, guys say that "they're different". But, different from whom? So far, they are all the same... you find me one who is truely different, (ha!) and I'll be sure to marry him...

1 comment:

Lynne Howard said...

words spoken from a true single cynic... ha ha :) don't worry Jess, your Prince will come! When I lightheartedly asked a guy friend to find me a cute boyfriend, I was told that he wasn't sure if he could find a guy that could handle me...!! same probably goes for you! Hold out though, he is out there! lol