Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Butterfly


Butterfly Wishes

Yesterday a butterfly

Came floating gently through the sky.

He soared up through the atmosphere

Then drifted close enough to hear.

I said, "I'd love to fly with you

And sail around the way you do.

It looks like it would be such fun

To fly up toward the summer sun.

But I have not your graceful charm.

I haven't wings, just these two arms.

I've been designed to walk around.

My human feet must touch the ground.

Then magically he spoke to me

and told me what his wish would be.

He said, "What I'd love most to do

Is walk upon God's Earth with you,

To squish it's mud between my toes

Or touch my finger to my nose.

I'd love just once to walk around

With human feet to touch the ground,

But I have not two legs that swing,

I haven't arms, just these two wings."

And so we went our separate ways

In wonder and surprise.

For we'd both seen God's precious gifts

Through someone else's eyes.

~Author Unknown~

To My Little Butterfly,

I love you so much that I don't even have the words to tell you! But somehow, I know that you're little heart can know more than I could ever say. Just know that you are with me where ever I am; everywhere I go, and in everything that I do everyday. I see you in the clouds as they pass slowly by. In the trees as they gently blow in the breeze. In the stars at night as I pray for you. And in every butterfly that I see, I know that you are always there with me.

When you feel the wind blow softly across your face, that is my loving hands, guiding you thru your day. When you feels the rain drops, those are the tears I shed from missing you so much. When Nannie wraps her arms around you, those are really big hugs that she is sending from me to you, letting you know that I will be there soon to hold you tight. And when you tell me good-night by the stars at night, their bright and twinkling light are the kisses that I pass along to you, wishing you sweet dreams and hopes for a good tomorrow.

I love you, my little Angel, and I will always be there for you, even if it is only there in spirit and at heart. So, everytime that you see a butterfly pass you by, listen closley for the message that he brings. He will tell you that I love you and miss you and will see you soon. Be brave, be strong, and be good. We will be together soon, and this time I will never let you go.

Love you Forever,

Your Jessie

1 comment:

Lynne Howard said...

aw jess, this is sweet and sad and it makes me wanna cry! come home soon girl! but have fun while you are in japan! takes fun cool pics for us and steph to look at!