Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Boundaries in Dating


Ok, so, a few months back, Annie and Lynnie send me this book, called Boundaries in Dating. So, of course, me at first, I smiled and put it on my book shelf. (I STILL haven't finished I Kissed Dating Goodbye!!!) I told myself that maybe I would read it one day, because, at the time, I just wasn't ready to date! I was sorta afraid that by reading it, maybe I would. I just wasn't ready for that yet. So, it sat on my self and continued to collect dust. Then, when we got back from Thailand, I was rummaging thru my books ( I had just finished The Chronicles of Narnia). deciding that I needed a new one to read. It was then that I came across this book. I was like, eh, what the heck? why not? So, I started to read it. And it is SPECTACULAR! I had to stop reading the Joshua Harris book; I just didn't relate to it. Maybe because I'm not much of a dater. Maybe what he was talking about just didn't apply to me. Who knows. So, I started to read this one, and it DOES apply to me! I may not date much, but, it's no problem. This books talks about that as well. Even if you DON'T date, you can still set boundaries for when you do. Here are a few key insights from the book :

*Sins You Can Live With: Recognizing and choosing quality over perfection in a dating partner
*Don’t Fall in Love with Someone You Wouldn’t Be Friends With: How to ensure that honest friendship is a vital component in a relationship
*Don’t Mess Up a Friendship Out of Loneliness: Preserving friendships by separating platonic relationships from romantic interest
*Kiss False Hope Good-Bye:Moving past denial to deal with real relational problems in a realistic and hopeful way


I can't WAIT to read more and I am sure that this time, I really will write about it. :-)

No comments: