Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Dog House...

"I don't get it"
"No, you're doing great!"
"I ain't talking about this. I'm talkin about you and Theresa. You ain't got nothing in common. For example: You don't like sports; Theresa loves sports. Your a business man; She's an artist. You white; she's black. Did I miss anything?"
" No, that's just it. She's everything I'm not. Ya know, she's my other half. Without her I'm not whole. Ya know, the thing about meeting your other half is that yo're walking around and you think that your happy; you think that you're whole. But, you realize you ain't shit w/o them. And then you can't go back to being just a half cuz you know what it's like to be a whole. Know what I mean?"
"Ya... I do!"
Well, to anyone who has seen the movie Guess Who, this is a little coversation that happened between the father of the girl, Percy, and the girl's b/f, Simon. I like his little desription about other halves. :-) Can you guess what I am watching right now?? Lol...

"George, if he was feeling what I am feeling, then he'd know how it feels! It feels horrible!!"...
(from My Best Friend's Wedding, in the hotel Jules is talking to her best friend George)
"Micheal, I have to talk to you... "
"So what'd you wanna talk about?"
"Hmmm?"
"You said you wanted to talk to me about something?"
"Yes, um...Micheal, we've known each other for a long time.... and in that time we've grown... close... very close... you know what I mean by close?"
"yes..."
"Sometimes, um, ppl, think they know how they feel about each other but they don't, untill they do... I have a point, the question is am I getting to it?"
"Why don't you? Whatever you have to say cannot be that big of a deal."
"A big deal... that's a relative term....."
( a little exerpt from My Best Friend's Wedding; a conversation between Jules and Micheal as she treis to tell him that she loves him!)
"I mean, you commit to this wedding and then, and then it seems like this momentum and you forget that you chose it. You and I ... didn't... I mean in our relationships with other people, we didn't usethe word... love... alot, did we? Kimmy says if you love someone, you say it right then, out loud... or the moment just... "
"...passes you by..."
"Kimmy and I, we don't even have a song.. you think that's a bad omen?
Some days, when I'm all alone, and the wolrd is cold, I will feel a glow... just thinking of you , and the way you look tonight.... (Billie Holiday, btw... one of my favorite songs!)
(again, from My Best Friend's Wedding between Micheal and Jules.. on the boat ride)

Ok, well, I have been on here for a couple of hours!! Goin thru some old emails, readin and deleteing and re-reading!! :-) ANd, kinda just hangin around on the internet in hopes that someone would shoot me an email, since he hasn't answered his phone. So, short of death or hospitalization, SOMEONE is in the Dog House!! Oh, like you wouldn't believe! You PROMISED!!!! :-( Big Trouble Mister... to redeem your self dial 01181827797329.

1 comment:

Lynne Howard said...

jess, sounds like you sure do have a lot of time to spend online and talking to josh, so instead of sending me anohter FWD, post some pics so I can see your cute lil face :)