Monday, July 03, 2006

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...

Don't forget those who make the ultimate sacrifice for freedom, for it is they who lay here so that you don't have to... - Unknown

Happy Independence Day Everybody!! I did nothing special today and watched fire works out of my bedroom window! :-) The sound ricochets off the near by mountains and is really cool!
So, instead, I remembered some of my favorite 4ths! Like the year that Steph would NOT get out of the car to watch the fireworks over in Gas City Park because the sound scared her and she cried the whole time! (Aww! My poor baby!) Or when the Twins and I would ride in the local 4th Parades on horseback, dressing up in... Red, White, and Blue! :-) And the year I sat with mom and we listened to the band play when the other kids left. Those are things I like to remember. And I am glad I did them all so that I wouldn't be by myself now. Thanks guys. And thank all of you who are far away as well, remembering all of your 4th adventures. We're in this together, Brothers and Sisters, even if we are not in the same place. We are all paying the price for freedom. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I miss my family and friends, but I chose this. I'm not sorry, and neither should any of you be.
Semper Fidel

No comments: